Monday, July 28, 2008

All eyes on Asia (Civilization)

We played part 2 of our game of Civilization.

After I had been nearly wiped off the board by a plague last time, I laid low. Shemp and Bharmer fought a series of battles, and Kozure and Luch did the same. Unable to construct a meaningful trade or army, I did the only thing I could: I bought tech. Over the course of the evening, I bought every technology I could afford. In the end, I had acquired most of the available wonders and and many military technologies.

A couple of things:

1) Kozure rolled a 3 on a critical roll in a critical battle. Luch then rolled a 2.
2) Shemp's rolling absolutely sucked. He lost several battles he should have won.
3) Luch was a money-making engine. He chased Kozure out of the U.S., and Kozure suffered heavy losses during the battle.

As the evening came to a close, I was making a lot of money off of my investments. I also was way ahead on points (approx 35. Luch was next with 20). Unfortunately for me, I have both a large lead and a tiny army. All eyes are now on the Easylanders in Asia, and elimination is the goal. The next session should be bloody.

No comments:

Post a Comment